Pico de Gallo or Mexican salsa Fresca is a very popular Mexican sauce. Traditionally, this salsa accompanied many Mexican Snacks: tacos, tostadas, tamales, enchiladas, empanadas, burritos or it can use on toast, an omelet or fried eggs. use your imagination!
You can prepare it at home. It’s an easy and simple recipe to make, just 5 minutes!
And it is prepared with red tomatoes, white onion, jalapeño, cilantro, juice of lime and salt. That’s it! But there are many recipes for this sauce like Pico de Gallo with avocado or olive oil, it’s certainly good too, but it’s not the real recipe for Mexican salsa!
FeedNES, will give you the real easy Pico de Gallo recipe, and help you prepare it with the original ingredients.
Pico de Gallo Recipe
- Yield: 4 cups
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 4 ripe red tomatoes
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 Serrano peppers (or jalapeños, less hot than Serranos)
- ½ cup chopped Coriander
- ¼ cup lime or lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- This sauce is better when the tomatoes are in season. Choose ripe tomatoes.
- Serranos pepper is hotter than jalapeños. If you don’t like hot peppers, replace them with sweet peppers.
- Lime juice, if you don’t have it, you can replace it with lemon juice.
- If you don’t have Coriander or don’t like it, replace it with parsley.
- You can keep this salsa for a week in the refrigerator.
- Calories 46
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 11g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 1g
Don’t forget to share This Amazing recipe with your friends.