The recipe was brought to America by Pennsylvania Dutch immigrants in 1879. Then it developed and became a Funnel Cake.
This Cake called Funnel Cake because it prepares using a funnel to draw circular shapes. It easy to prepare and does not require many ingredients.
It’s very popular in the United States, especially during celebration days.
So, do you know how to prepare it?
FeedNES will give you classic Funnel Cake recipe.
Funnel Cake Recipe
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serving: 4 pers
- 275ml Milk
- 300g Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1\4 Cup of Sugar
- 1\2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Baking powder
- 1\2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sugar powder to serve
- Fill a high-frying pan until half of it with oil and heat the latter.
- In a small bowl, put eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix the ingredients well. Leave the liquid ingredients aside.
- In a large bowl, put the flour with salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Pour the liquid ingredients and mix well with an iron wire to get rid of all the blocks.
- Pour the mixture into a dessert bag.
- Cut the tip of the bag slightly.
- Pour the mixture into the pan over the oil in a circular and random manner to obtain a medium-sized circle.
- Leave the cake until it becomes golden in color.
- With a pair of tweezers, turn the cake to the other side until it is also golden.
- Take the cake out of the oil and put it on a paper tissue.
- When serving. Sprinkle powdered sugar.
- You can modify all the ingredients to make this recipe gluten-free, lactose-free, egg-free!
- The funnel cake can be enjoyed covered with a chocolate topping, ice cream with strawberry or fruit coulis or caramel, I prefer it with a little icing sugar.
Serving Size: 1 Funnel cake
- 760 Cal
- 80g Carbs
- 44g Fat
- 8g Protein
Don’t forget to share This Amazing recipe with your friends.